- Establish your search-related goals by identifying business-critical keywords for which you must compete, and how these terms can inform content decisions.
- Create unique URL's for the important sections of your site, based on your established search goals.
- Pass variables into your SWF file to tell it what content, or state, to display based on the content for the unique URL.
- Based on your available data structure, ensure that the SWF content can also be displayed in the HTML source for each unique URL. If possible, utilize XSL to transform your XML source to create both the HTML and SWF content, embedding the text in the HTML source by using the noscript method.
- Make sure your primary navigation is in HTML.
- Don't over-design the transition effects between important sections of your site. The browser needs to refresh when transitioning to a different URL. Save the animations, transition effects, and other interactive elements for the noncritical pages/sections of your site.
- Avoid pop-up windows.
- Create an XML and HTML sitemap.
- Create and submit a video sitemap if you're using video assets.
- Create a robots.txt file.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
To Optimize Your SWF Applications For Search Engines
Posted by Neha Toor at 3:25 AM